Friday, September 5, 2008

A Good Week!

Sofi is doing very well! Each day she gets just a little more comfortable with us. She can now sit for a cookie and is willing to spend short periods of time in the living room/kitchen areas. She's been on three short walks now, and on each one we've gone a bit further...hopefully we can make it around the entire block tonight.

She is still waking very early (4:30 this morning, although she went back to sleep for a while after I took her outside) but she seemed to understand when I shared with her my feelings about her early morning barking.

Sofi can dismantle a tennis ball in less than five minutes and she's destroyed one throw rug so far. We will have to keep her constantly supplied with chewing supplies I guess.

She still freezes up occasionally, near doors and when I call her to come to me, but each day seems to bring slight improvements. Her favorite person right now is Carter, whom she will follow anywhere. She's making progress in her relationships with each of us though.

Still having problems with poop-eating :( even with the For-Bid.

By the way, I can't seem to find any photos on the internet of a Bernese MD with no white area between the eyes. I'm just wondering if she has uncommon markings for this breed, and perhaps if that is why she was still at the puppy mill--maybe she wasn't "marketable" because of this "flaw?" Just one of many theories I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sofi does look different without the blaze face. http://www.akc.org/breeds/bernese_mountain_dog/index.cfm

Nice to hear that she is becoming more dog like. Libby is now a true part of the family. She must be older and perhaps was not at the puppy mill when she was a puppy.