Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sofi and the rest of us made it through a four day stretch of me being gone without a single hitch! She did great with Andre and she even learned a couple of new tricks while I was out of town. All in all, she is turning out to be a well-behaved, eager to please, cheerful, sometimes very Tigger-esque dog.

We are nearing the date when we need to schedule her for a spay and also decrease her dosage on the anti-anxiety meds. I need to call K-State to discuss the possibility of the hip replacement. Right now it seems insane to subject her to something that would require her to be severely limited in her actions for 6-8 weeks!!!! What on earth would she do with all that energy without being able to bounce around the yard several times a day? And, it just doesn't seem like she is dealing with pain issues at this point, or if she is, she sure is not letting on. One thing at a time I guess--and the spay is next on the list so I'm going to shelve the other surgery for the time being.

Sofi still has a few things to conquer before she earns her certificate of good citizenship around here....she did pee in the living room yesterday, while I was making my lunch. That was disappointing because I thought she had that one wired. And speaking of wires, she chewed the one for the overhead lights in my office (thankfully they were unplugged at the time) to shredded bits. I guess my rabbit-proofing skills are going to come back into play here. We've still got to get her comfortable on a leash again and some car rides would not be a bad idea either. All in good time I guess. In the meantime, I think we are all just enjoying a predictable routine with her each day and her smile, which she displays with more and more frequency.

No comments: