Friday, August 15, 2008

Day Five


Sofi's (and our) day began around 4am when we were awakened by a tremendous howl--just one long and pitiful-sounding howl. I think she was having a nightmare.

Once we got to more reasonable waking hours, she got up on her own and ventured outside. She spent a little time getting to know Tucker, who is still a bit uneasy around her, yet tolerant. She went in and out the open door several times without any coaxing from us.

Later in the morning, I heard her whine for the first time...in response to SlinkyBob entering the room. She actually hopped up and followed him across the room with great interest.

She did her lazy afternoon routine again today, but I haven't seen as much uneasiness today. Still waiting to hear about the surgery plan from her vet.

She has started going towards the door on her own when she wants to go out, which is great, but it's catch-22--if I rush towards her to open the door before she gets there, she freaks out because I'm rushing at her, and if I don't, she will bonk right into the glass, which causes her to freak equally. I hope she gets the hang of the slider soon!

I think the pictures even show that she is a bit more at ease today.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: