Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day Three





We are doing well with house training--no accidents since the first morning. This morning she seemed more at ease. She tried to catch a fly that was buzzing around her face and had another encounter with SlinkyBob, which she seemed to enjoy. Then she seemed to lose ground this afternoon. I wonder if it's because she is getting one dose of Rimadyl at night, and by midday it has worn off.

We are still having to push or carry her out the door to go to the bathroom, but she does go once she's out there. It's hard getting her back in though--I have to close the slider to keep the cat from escaping, then get behind her to get her to go towards the door, then she has bonked the glass before I could open it a couple of times, and that has sent her into a panic each time. Once she gets inside, she will wedge herself against the wall and look very uneasy for a long time.

Having trouble getting her to take pills--she won't take the chewable Rimadyl on her own, and she coughs up anything I stick down her throat. I've never known a dog to have a gag reflex like that. Tried wrapping it in canned food, but she won't eat anything but puppy kibble.

She went out in the hallway once, completely on her own. She sat in the hall for a while and watched the activity in the kitchen. That was as far as she ventured. I got up and opened the door for her to go outside several times during the night, but she never took me up on it and I didn't make her go. We pushed her out around 6:30am and she went.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this last picture. Wow! She has big feet! This is gonna be a big dog!